Only TWO DAYS remains to submit your abstracts for IQSA’s 2019 Annual Meeting to be held in San Diego, California from November 22–25, 2019. Paper proposals should be submitted through the SBL’s automated online submission system under the corresponding “Affiliates” link by March 6, 2019 (note: IQSA membership is required for proposal submission; see below). Submission links can be found below under the respective program units. If you require further information or experience difficulties with the submission process, please contact the chairs of the program unit to which you would like to apply.
Please note that all proposals must include:
- Author name and affiliation
- Paper title
- 400 word paper abstract (written in English)
Eligibility for proposal submissions is contingent upon the following:
- Active IQSA membership is required at the time of proposal submission for the IQSA Program, and the membership status of all applicants will be checked prior to acceptance
- Participants must maintain current IQSA Membership through their participation in the Annual Meeting
Please also note that:
- To ensure equity and diversity amongst participants, participants should submit only one paper presentation per IQSA Annual Meeting
- All participants must adhere to IQSA’s Professional Conduct Policy
- Participants will be required to register for the conference by submitting payment through SBL’s online submission system (users are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the “Super Saver” rates which end mid-May)
The Annual Meeting includes panels for each of IQSA’s six program units:
Linguistic, Literary, and Thematic Perspectives on the Qur’anic Corpus
The Qur’an: Surah Studies
Qur’anic Studies: Methodology and Hermeneutics
The Qur’an: Manuscripts and Textual Criticism
The Qur’an and the Biblical Tradition
The Qur’an and Late Antiquity
IQSA will also run two additional panels this year:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!
© International Qur’anic Studies Association, 2019. All rights reserved.