A belated Happy New Year from the International Qur’anic Studies Association! 2019 ushers in a range of new publications, exciting events, and organizational developments for the IQSA community.
HOW TO SAVE MONEY THIS YEAR
Attending conferences and accessing quality scholarship cost money–but we have got you covered, (1) with versatile “five tiered” IQSA membership, and (2) with early registration through SBL (about $195). A graduate student could pay as little as $220-225 for both membership and registration (and enjoy two free meals on the house 🙂. The same advice more or less applies to faculty members and independent scholars. Pay early. Save money.
Students or scholars experiencing extenuating circumstances should write email@example.com about temporarily waiving the membership fee.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER IN 2019?
IQSA Membership for 2019 is now open! Membership consists of five levels: Student/International, Mid-range Faculty/General, Full Professor, Lifetime, and Institutional. The Student/International level is $25 (USD) for student and international (Global South) scholars. The Mid-range Faculty/General level is $50 (USD) for all non-student scholars, professionals, and mid-range faculty. The Full Professor level is $75 (USD) for full professors. The Lifetime level is a one time installment of $2,000 (USD) and Institutional membership is $400 (USD) annually.
Member benefits include:
- DISCOUNTED Registration for Annual Meetings (IQSA, SBL, AAR)
- IQSA Membership makes users eligible to register at the SUPER SAVER level prior to May 24th at the low cost of $195.00 as affiliates
- Free passes to Annual Meeting events, including the Exhibitor Hall, private general and graduate student receptions, sessions, panels, and more
- Access to the membership directory – an internal network of over 200 scholars!
- Access to IQSA publications, including the monthly Review of Qur’anic Research, the Journal of the International Qur’anic Studies Association, and more
- Professional development opportunities for graduate students and junior scholars, including volunteer, job postings, and employment networking
- Eligibility for Andrew Rippin Best Paper Prize ($250 USD and potential publication in JIQSA)
- [ Starting 2019: To be eligible to present at annual and international IQSA conferences IQSA membership dues must be paid by the time the paper abstract is accepted – no exceptions! ]
JOIN US IN TANGIER, MOROCCO!
Membership also grants access to IQSA’s quickly approaching third biennial International Qur’an Conference to be held from July 25-26, 2019 and hosted by the Tangier Global Forum of the University of New England, Tangier, Morocco. The main theme of the conference is Reading the Qur’an in the Context of Empire. The conference will take place in English, Arabic and French. Please submit your abstracts (300 words) to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 30, 2019. Modest financial support may be available to accepted panelists by request, and contingent upon available funds. All accepted panelists are required to renew and/or sign up for IQSA Membership immediately in order to secure a position in the program. For more details, visit the 2019 International Meeting page.
READ OUR NEW PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT POLICY
Members should note IQSA’s newly published Professional Conduct Policy, to which all members and event participants are expected to adhere in order to best promote mutual understanding through scholarship and open inquiry. Members are encouraged to read and abide by the policy now available online.
WHO WANTS TO VOLUNTEER?
IQSA is currently seeking Blog contributors and a grant writer (the latter will receive free membership/benefits). Also for IQSA friends and members outside North America, stay tuned later this year for our “IQSA regional coordinator” program. If you are interested, write email@example.com.
IQSA members make new discoveries, have fascinating conversations and share all sorts of cool and material exclusively over social media and discussion group. Join for free and see what you’re missing!
To stay informed throughout the new year, follow IQSA via www.iqsaweb.org, the weekly Blog, Facebook, and Twitter. Also join the IQSA discussion group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the years IQSA members have been extremely generous. Thank you. We encourage our members and affiliates to continue support for our mission by clicking this link to make a donation. The International Qur’anic Studies Association is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, and every gift ensures its continued role in building bridges across the globe via the critical study of the Qur’an.
© International Qur’anic Studies Association, 2019. All rights reserved.