The International Qur’anic Studies Association has opened its call for papers for the 2017 Annual Meeting to be held in Boston, Massachusetts from November 18-21, 2017. The Annual Meeting includes panels for each of IQSA’s six program units:
- Linguistic, Literary, and Thematic Perspectives on the Qur’anic Corpus
- The Qur’an: Surah Studies
- Qur’anic Studies: Methodology and Hermeneutics
- The Qur’an and the Biblical Tradition
- The Qur’an and Late Antiquity
- The Qur’an: Manuscripts and Textual Criticism
Please find detailed calls for papers for each program unit HERE. Paper proposals should be submitted through SBL’s automated online submission system. The paper proposal submissions are due by March 7, 2017. For additional information about a specific program unit, or if you experience difficulties with the submission process, you may contact the unit chairs listed on the Call for Papers page via email. Abstracts should be written in English, have a length of around 400 words, and include the name and affiliation of the author. IQSA welcomes all submissions and looks forward to an exciting program in Boston.
© International Qur’anic Studies Association, 2017. All rights reserved.